Low Vision Program
Vision loss impacts over 2 million elderly adults in the United States. The impact of vision loss ranges from difficulty in performing Activities of Daily Living to frequent falls resulting in hospitalization. Options Home Health’s Low Vision program is designed to assist the elderly patient to remain independent and safe at home.
The Low Vision Program Consists of
- Occupational Therapist specially trained in low vision to teach compensation techniques for ADLs
- Home modification and use of visual aides to assist in safety
- Behavioral Health nurses to address psycho-social issues
- MSW for community resource planning
The Low Vision Program Benefits Patients with
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- Retinal Tear/Detachment
- Neurogenic Vision Loss due to CVA or Brain Injury
At Options Home Health, our committed and compassionate staff is available 7 days a week to answer all of your home healthcare questions. We provide full coordination of care including Community Resources, Medical Equipment and Private Duty. Options Home Health is a Medicare Certified and ACHC Accredited agency providing service in Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie, Okeechobee and Indian River Counties.