Vision loss impacts over 2 million elderly adults in the United States. The impact of vision loss ranges from difficulty performing activities of daily living to frequent falls resulting in hospitalizations. Options Home Health’s low vision care program is designed to help the elderly patient live safely and independently at home.
Low Vision Program
Vision Therapy at Home
Vision Home Health Program
Who Benefits from this Program?
Patients with the following conditions are most likely to benefit from low vision programs:
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Age-related macular degeneration
- Retinal tear/detachment
- Neurogenic vision loss due to stroke or brain injury
Our Low Vision Program
- Specially trained occupational therapist teaches compensation techniques for activities of daily living
- Home modification and use of visual aids to improve safety
- Behavioral health nurses to address psycho-social issues
- Medical social workers for community resource planning