When you or a loved one need help dealing with an illness, recovering from surgery or navigating the challenges of aging, a home care aide might be exactly what is required. If your beloved senior needs assistance with personal care activities, our professional home health aide services are here for you.
When do you know your loved one needs a home care attendant? When a senior is not eating or bathing regularly, should no longer be driving, experiences falls and difficulty walking, or you or another family member need assistance to take care of your loved one. Options Home Health aides are here to help by providing hands-on care for the client including assistance with personal care, mobility activities, and elimination (toileting), as well as:
- Personal care needs: personal hygiene, ambulation, eating, dressing, shaving and physical transfer.
- Maintenance of a clean, safe, and healthy environment: Light cleaning, and straightening the bathroom, sleeping and living areas
- Washing dishes and laundry
- Vital signs: measuring temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure
- Measuring intake & output of food and fluids
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Activity needs: examples are turn/position patient, dangle, assist/perform transfers, hands-on assistance with ambulation (with cane, walker, crutches, wheelchair activities)